Samsung Galaxy Gio games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2
Chillax
Thanu-G
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:17 pm

I wanted to root my phone. I entered recovery mode from ROM maneger. I installed Update.zip, Dell_kernel1.1.zip (by AndroidNooB with the Goku pic) and clockworkmod 5. I applied it and it stood at the bottom of the log: Reboot plz after i installed clockwormod. Then I hit reboot. It comes samsung and its website then Galaxy gi GT-S5660 and Samsung at the bottom and it stops there. I tried to restart and reinstall rooting and the others but still doesn't work. I tried factory reset too but still the same problem. Any solutions? Sad

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanu-G wrote:I wanted to root my phone. I entered recovery mode from ROM maneger. I installed Update.zip, Dell_kernel1.1.zip (by AndroidNooB with the Goku pic) and clockworkmod 5. I applied it and it stood at the bottom of the log: Reboot plz after i installed clockwormod. Then I hit reboot. It comes samsung and its website then Galaxy gi GT-S5660 and Samsung at the bottom and it stops there. I tried to restart and reinstall rooting and the others but still doesn't work. I tried factory reset too but still the same problem. Any solutions? Sad
Omg. Dude for the dell_kernel1.1 need stock recovery not cmw5. AND DONT USE ROM MANAGER it can brick your phone. Kaput. You get it? And don't use as update.zip just install .zip from sdcard.. Gosh.. And Try booting into recovery mode, and flash a new kernel like CM or via ODIN a stock or like GioPro..
Glad I helped.Smile
Chillax
Chillax

http://samsunggalaxygio.forumoid.com/

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Vito Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 pm

AndroidNoOB wrote:
Thanu-G wrote:I wanted to root my phone. I entered recovery mode from ROM maneger. I installed Update.zip, Dell_kernel1.1.zip (by AndroidNooB with the Goku pic) and clockworkmod 5. I applied it and it stood at the bottom of the log: Reboot plz after i installed clockwormod. Then I hit reboot. It comes samsung and its website then Galaxy gi GT-S5660 and Samsung at the bottom and it stops there. I tried to restart and reinstall rooting and the others but still doesn't work. I tried factory reset too but still the same problem. Any solutions? Sad
Omg. Dude for the dell_kernel1.1 need stock recovery not cmw5. AND DONT USE ROM MANAGER it can brick your phone. Kaput. You get it? And don't use as update.zip just install .zip from sdcard.. Gosh.. And Try booting into recovery mode, and flash a new kernel like CM or via ODIN a stock or like GioPro..
Glad I helped.Smile
It's more safe to use ODIN. Also i reccomend to use GIOPRO. (i'm using GioPro 1.4 very Stable Rom)
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Vito wrote:
AndroidNoOB wrote:
Glad I helped.Smile
It's more safe to use ODIN. Also i reccomend to use GIOPRO. (i'm using GioPro 1.4 very Stable Rom)
GioPro is stable.!
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty How

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:48 pm

My gio won't start so how do I do it. When I enter recovery mode you can see that CM5 is installed at the top of recovery menu. Is my phone doomed? Please help me!!!!

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 pm

So your problem is a boot-loop or that you can't install CM ?
And stop using ROM manager ...
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanu-G wrote:My gio won't start so how do I do it. When I enter recovery mode you can see that CM5 is installed at the top of recovery menu. Is my phone doomed? Please help me!!!!
Can you boot into DOWNLOAD MODE? Home button + VOLUME DOWN + Power on. ?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanu-G wrote:My gio won't start so how do I do it. When I enter recovery mode you can see that CM5 is installed at the top of recovery menu. Is my phone doomed? Please help me!!!!
Can you boot into DOWNLOAD MODE? Home button + VOLUME DOWN + Power on. ?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty OK

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Wait a sec. I restart and press power?home?volume down right?

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanu-G wrote:Wait a sec. I restart and press power?home?volume down right?
Yes, if you can't your Gio is hard bricked. But there is a sulotion for this. Okey, so you can boot into Downloading mode"?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty YES

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah. It says: Emergency Downloade mode and under it it says (ARM9) What do I do now?

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanu-G wrote:Yeah. It says: Emergency Downloade mode and under it it says (ARM9) What do I do now?
Volume down, not up.
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah I pressed Power+Home+volume down button What do i do now?

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar823 Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanu-G wrote:Yeah I pressed Power+Home+volume down button What do i do now?

Does Odin detect it?
kaspar823
kaspar823

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't have Odin. It says Emergency download mode (ARM9) at the website thing when you start your phone.

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanu-G wrote:I don't have Odin. It says Emergency download mode (ARM9) at the website thing when you start your phone.
I didn't flash or anything. I downloaded root, Kernel, CM 5 and Rom Manager. Entered Revovery mode from Rom Manager and installed those three zips. Then I got stuck. So what can I do in Download Mode

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar823 Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanu-G wrote:
Thanu-G wrote:I don't have Odin. It says Emergency download mode (ARM9) at the website thing when you start your phone.
I didn't flash or anything. I downloaded root, Kernel, CM 5 and Rom Manager. Entered Revovery mode from Rom Manager and installed those three zips. Then I got stuck. So what can I do in Download Mode

Download Odin and try to flash stock rom through emergency download mode
kaspar823
kaspar823

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 pm

When you'r in downlaod mode connect your phone to your computer,open Odin and wait until it recognizes your phone,select the ROM you want to install,try a stock one,and press "Start!",wait until it show 'PASS' in a blue font and disconnect your phone.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Nothing, just take out the battery and put it back on. Now download a new rom. Like GioPro v1.3 full. Have you ever installed a ROM before?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I didn't use Odin, flash or anything. I downloaded Root, Kernel and CM 5 and Rom Manager. I entered Recovery mode via ROM Manager. The I installed and applied those three zip files. And Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do in Download Mode Please help Vito Or AndroidNooB or Kasper. What can I download Through Download mode?

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm

AndroidNoOB wrote:
Nothing, just take out the battery and put it back on. Now download a new rom. Like GioPro v1.3 full. Have you ever installed a ROM before?
What do you mean by nothing. Should I download stock room first and then take out the battery and put it back on and start the phone again

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanu-G wrote:
I didn't use Odin, flash or anything. I downloaded Root, Kernel and CM 5 and Rom Manager. I entered Recovery mode via ROM Manager. The I installed and applied those three zip files. And Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do in Download Mode Please help Vito Or AndroidNooB or Kasper. What can I download Through Download mode?
Okey..
1. Download Odin v4.42
2. Download GIO_V1.0.ops
3. Download a ROM you would like to have.
4. Put Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE.
5. DOWNLOAD GIOPRO v1.3 FULL VERSION from XDA.
6. Use One Package.
7. Press start.
8. Wait untill PASS.
9. Enjoy if helped.
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Stock rom

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm downloading stock rom for over 100 mb. This is the name of the file: S5660XXKPL_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKP8.rar. Is it okay to use it. Shouldn't I dowwnload GIO pro 1.4?

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! ROOT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Stock Rom

Post  Thanu-G Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Can you give me a link for stock room for Gingerbread 2.3.3, thanks Very Happy

Thanu-G

Back to top Go down

Post  Vito Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanu-G wrote:I'm downloading stock rom for over 100 mb. This is the name of the file: S5660XXKPL_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKP8.rar. Is it okay to use it. Shouldn't I dowwnload GIO pro 1.4?
To Flash your phone To GioPro 1.4 you need for First to try GioPro 1.1 or 1.0. after GioPro 1.1 you can Flash to GioPro 1.4
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next