Samsung Galaxy Gio games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overclock - Experiences and Advises

+8
Vito
kaspar823
kewlfaraz
robox45
djcristy
Roberto
Chillax
sunnyhun
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Overclock - Experiences and Advises

Post  sunnyhun Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 pm

We had the post of overclocking, so here are some basic info:

Our Gio comes with a factory overclock, from 600 Mhz to 800 Mhz.
However, the Galaxy Y uses the same processor, with factory overclock at 832 Mhz.

If you want, you can overclock your phone mmore, however, it is dangerous, and not stable all time.

For overclocking, you need a custom kernel, you should search over XDA, and search and read carefully.

My experiences are, that with a custom kernel, our Gio can be safely overclocked to 883 Mhz.

sunnyhun

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Re: Overclock - Experiences and Advises

Post  Chillax Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 pm

sunnyhun wrote:We had the post of overclocking, so here are some basic info:

Our Gio comes with a factory overclock, from 600 Mhz to 800 Mhz.
However, the Galaxy Y uses the same processor, with factory overclock at 832 Mhz.

If you want, you can overclock your phone mmore, however, it is dangerous, and not stable all time.

For overclocking, you need a custom kernel, you should search over XDA, and search and read carefully.

My experiences are, that with a custom kernel, our Gio can be safely overclocked to 883 Mhz.
Thanks for sharing!
Chillax
Chillax

http://samsunggalaxygio.forumoid.com/

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Re: Overclock - Experiences and Advises

Post  Roberto Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 pm

So what is the chance of my GIO being at risk? If I want to increase from 800 to 883mhz. Does it has big fps difference?
Roberto
Roberto

Back to top Go down

Post  djcristy Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

the clock freq. doesnt really matter so much. the important thing is the governor. i've been using for a month my gio at 883 with ondemand governor and yes you can feel the difference in fps and even how the phone reacts. idon't see any changes in battery life even thou i have the phones cpu overclocked

djcristy

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Overclocking - Experience And Advices

Post  Chillax Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:23 pm

djcristy wrote:the clock freq. doesnt really matter so much. the important thing is the governor. i've been using for a month my gio at 883 with ondemand governor and yes you can feel the difference in fps and even how the phone reacts. idon't see any changes in battery life even thou i have the phones cpu overclocked
Well, I have the custom kernel on my Gio, and when I overclock my device at 844Mhz, then after 5 mins or so It reboots.
I know that on every Gio is different, but why I can't overclock It at 883Mhz, with out reboots?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

Post  robox45 Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:26 pm

AndroidGeek wrote:
djcristy wrote:the clock freq. doesnt really matter so much. the important thing is the governor. i've been using for a month my gio at 883 with ondemand governor and yes you can feel the difference in fps and even how the phone reacts. idon't see any changes in battery life even thou i have the phones cpu overclocked
Well, I have the custom kernel on my Gio, and when I overclock my device at 844Mhz, then after 5 mins or so It reboots.
I know that on every Gio is different, but why I can't overclock It at 883Mhz, with out reboots?
LISEN TO ME!
the same to me. i buyed one of the first gios in Latvia. my sister buyed her gio last month and i overclocked it mare than 900 mhz and no rebooting. i think we could havegot older processors thats why we cant overclock much more. i would take my sisters gio but its white Very Happy Very Happy
robox45
robox45

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:29 pm

robox45 wrote:
AndroidGeek wrote:
LISEN TO ME!
the same to me. i buyed one of the first gios in Latvia. my sister buyed her gio last month and i overclocked it mare than 900 mhz and no rebooting. i think we could havegot older processors thats why we cant overclock much more. i would take my sisters gio but its white Very Happy Very Happy
Nu ko, lai es saku? Labi tev, nu itkā es savu Gio nopirku LmT centrā pirms kādiem 2 mēnešiem, bet viņš jau tur noteikti ilgāk stāvējis ir, bet domā vai tad visiem procesōri iekša nav vienādi?
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

Post  robox45 Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:57 pm

AndroidNoOB wrote:
robox45 wrote:
AndroidGeek wrote:
LISEN TO ME!
Nu ko, lai es saku? Labi tev, nu itkā es savu Gio nopirku LmT centrā pirms kādiem 2 mēnešiem, bet viņš jau tur noteikti ilgāk stāvējis ir, bet domā vai tad visiem procesōri iekša nav vienādi?

nē jaunākiem kurus uzstaisa ir kautkas uzlabots utt. piemēram galaxy Y ir tāds pats procesors kā gio un viņš fabrikā jau ir overclockots uz 835 mhz un ir protams stabils. bez restartiem.
robox45
robox45

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm

robox45 wrote:
AndroidNoOB wrote:
robox45 wrote:
AndroidGeek wrote:
LISEN TO ME!

nē jaunākiem kurus uzstaisa ir kautkas uzlabots utt. piemēram galaxy Y ir tāds pats procesors kā gio un viņš fabrikā jau ir overclockots uz 835 mhz un ir protams stabils. bez restartiem.
Nu tad man vajadzēja pirkt Samsung Galaxy Y(oung) Mad Mad Mad Mad
Chillax
Chillax

Back to top Go down

Post  robox45 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm

AndroidNoOB wrote:
robox45 wrote:
AndroidNoOB wrote:
robox45 wrote:
AndroidGeek wrote:
LISEN TO ME!

Nu tad man vajadzēja pirkt Samsung Galaxy Y(oung) Mad Mad Mad Mad
bet galaxy y ir tikai 2mp nevis 3mp un ekrānam pikseļi uz pusi mazāk nekā gio.
robox45
robox45

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Why overclock?

Post  kewlfaraz Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 am

I do not understand why you guys want to overclock your phone. It kills your processor quickly. I have not overclocked my phone and its working like charm with CM7. However, I have read in many articles that either use "interactivex" or "conservative" governor and hit the maximum to 883 overclocking. It is much stable though.

kewlfaraz

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar823 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am

kewlfaraz wrote:I do not understand why you guys want to overclock your phone. It kills your processor quickly. I have not overclocked my phone and its working like charm with CM7. However, I have read in many articles that either use "interactivex" or "conservative" governor and hit the maximum to 883 overclocking. It is much stable though.

Overclocking gives better gaming performance
kaspar823
kaspar823

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty TUTORIAL

Post  Vito Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 pm

CAN SOMEONE POST A VIDEO TUTORIAL HOW TO OVERCLOCK GIO? ofcourse no .... beceuse all of us who have a gio device are affraid of overclocking
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

Post  djcristy Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Vito wrote:CAN SOMEONE POST A VIDEO TUTORIAL HOW TO OVERCLOCK GIO? ofcourse no .... beceuse all of us who have a gio device are affraid of overclocking

my phone is overclocked at 902 mhz and im using ondemand governor. its stable, no reboots so far. but battery drains faster. there is no tutorial about overclocking .. you just need a rom with a kernel that allows you to overclock. roms like particle, giopro or CM 7.1/7.2

djcristy

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar823 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Overclocked to 921Mhz with Particle and it's stable Very Happy
kaspar823
kaspar823

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 am

any one overclocked galaxy gio with 1ghz frequency.i overclocked galaxy gio with 883mhz and 902mhz but i removed cm7 rom due to poor battery life and no multitasking.

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar823 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:07 am

muzaffarhassan64 wrote:any one overclocked galaxy gio with 1ghz frequency.i overclocked galaxy gio with 883mhz and 902mhz but i removed cm7 rom due to poor battery life and no multitasking.

It's not stable if u overclock to 1Ghz
kaspar823
kaspar823

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:32 am

kaspar823 wrote:
muzaffarhassan64 wrote:any one overclocked galaxy gio with 1ghz frequency.i overclocked galaxy gio with 883mhz and 902mhz but i removed cm7 rom due to poor battery life and no multitasking.

i overclocked my phone with cm7 967 or more.now it gaming has lots of graphics glitches and lots of freezing.i set his frequency to 902 the games lags are now fixed Smile

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Overclock - Experiences and Advises Empty Overclocking

Post  Rudy Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:06 am

muzaffarhassan64 wrote:
kaspar823 wrote:

i overclocked my phone with cm7 967 or more.now it gaming has lots of graphics glitches and lots of freezing.i set his frequency to 902 the games lags are now fixed Smile

Hi. I have already rooted my gio and I would like to know if there is any way to overclock my gio with some custom kernel not custom rom. I have stock rom 2.3.3. I check every day on xda-developers.com for some informations and there is a custom kernel, but it has some glitches I think. I want to overclock because of angry birds. Some levels (huge levels) lags. So, is it worth to overclock. With 900Mhz do you have any lagging level in angry birds.
I dont want to do any big changes with my gio Smile It took some days to root Smile
Thx for advise.

Rudy

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 am

Rudy wrote:
muzaffarhassan64 wrote:
kaspar823 wrote:

Hi. I have already rooted my gio and I would like to know if there is any way to overclock my gio with some custom kernel not custom rom. I have stock rom 2.3.3. I check every day on xda-developers.com for some informations and there is a custom kernel, but it has some glitches I think. I want to overclock because of angry birds. Some levels (huge levels) lags. So, is it worth to overclock. With 900Mhz do you have any lagging level in angry birds.
I dont want to do any big changes with my gio Smile It took some days to root Smile
Thx for advise.

maybe there is no way to install custom kernels on stock gingerbread.because i tried a dell custom rom but it won't works.i tried many custom kernels in galaxy gio but xda says that it won't works on stock gingerbread so i use cyanogenmod 7 to play games.i didn't playing angry birds anymore because i dont like this game.

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudy Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 am

muzaffarhassan64 wrote:maybe there is no way to install custom kernels on stock gingerbread.because i tried a dell custom rom but it won't works.i tried many custom kernels in galaxy gio but xda says that it won't works on stock gingerbread so i use cyanogenmod 7 to play games.i didn't playing angry birds anymore because i dont like this game.

Do you have any problems with cyanogenmod 7. I mean wifi connection etc. If I wont like this rom, it is no problem to flash back stock rom right? First I do backup of my stock rom, then flash to custom rom. I dont wanna make my gio unusable.

Rudy

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:10 am

Rudy wrote:
muzaffarhassan64 wrote:maybe there is no way to install custom kernels on stock gingerbread.because i tried a dell custom rom but it won't works.i tried many custom kernels in galaxy gio but xda says that it won't works on stock gingerbread so i use cyanogenmod 7 to play games.i didn't playing angry birds anymore because i dont like this game.

Do you have any problems with cyanogenmod 7. I mean wifi connection etc. If I wont like this rom, it is no problem to flash back stock rom right? First I do backup of my stock rom, then flash to custom rom. I dont wanna make my gio unusable.

yes.my market is won't work(force closes) anymore so i use black market to download apps and his battery is very weak in cm7 so i have to make lots of tuning to make its battery life better but my wifi works perfectly without any problem.i do not know that if you make nandroid backup then install cm7 and if you don't like this rom then back to stock because i tried this but my stock rom is won't back because my one is stuck on "samsung galaxy gio" logo so i reflash my firmware to 2.3.5.

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudy Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:37 am

muzaffarhassan64 wrote:yes.my market is won't work(force closes) anymore so i use black market to download apps and his battery is very weak in cm7 so i have to make lots of tuning to make its battery life better but my wifi works perfectly without any problem.i do not know that if you make nandroid backup then install cm7 and if you don't like this rom then back to stock because i tried this but my stock rom is won't back because my one is stuck on "samsung galaxy gio" logo so i reflash my firmware to 2.3.5.

Thanks for informations. It was very helpful. I guess there is no other way yet.

You said that you dont play angry birds. What games do you play. If you play with stock 800 and 900oc, do you see big difference in fps. For example: before(800) playing was lagging and now with 900 playing is smooth.

Rudy

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:24 am

Rudy wrote:
muzaffarhassan64 wrote:yes.my market is won't work(force closes) anymore so i use black market to download apps and his battery is very weak in cm7 so i have to make lots of tuning to make its battery life better but my wifi works perfectly without any problem.i do not know that if you make nandroid backup then install cm7 and if you don't like this rom then back to stock because i tried this but my stock rom is won't back because my one is stuck on "samsung galaxy gio" logo so i reflash my firmware to 2.3.5.

Thanks for informations. It was very helpful. I guess there is no other way yet.

You said that you dont play angry birds. What games do you play. If you play with stock 800 and 900oc, do you see big difference in fps. For example: before(800) playing was lagging and now with 900 playing is smooth.

no.some games is still lags like fast five,brother in arms 2 and real racing 2 even i overclocked them to 902mhz.

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Post  muzaffarhassan64 Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:30 am

any one tell me how to flash particle kernel on gio.when i flash the "S5660XXKS5-baseband.tar.md5(from particle kernel)" using odin.first it shows me "check md5 sum error" and then don't send error.i tried several times but it always shows me don't send error(i am using windows xp sp3).

muzaffarhassan64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next