Samsung Galaxy Gio games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc. Empty About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc.

Post  Ronnin Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey! I'm thinking about installing GioPro and I have some questions.
1. Do I need to root my phone before flashing a custom rom?
2. Which one to pick? GioPro v1.3 or v1.4 and why?
3. Do I need to install previous versions of GioPro (v1.1, v1.2) before installing v1.3 or v1.4?
4. I read about flashing a new rom via Odin, and I need to do a factory reset before and after installation. What will factory reset do/delete?
5. Do I need a2sd darktremor?
6. Will games be less laggy with new rom?
7. Should I flash a new rom?

Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc. Empty SoloDRS

Post  Vito Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Ronnin wrote:Hey! I'm thinking about installing GioPro and I have some questions.
3. Do I need to install previous versions of GioPro (v1.1, v1.2) before installing v1.3 or v1.4?
4. I read about flashing a new rom via Odin, and I need to do a factory reset before and after installation. What will factory reset do/delete?

I think that you can have some advices about that asking Our USer SOLODRS.
I just can't rescue my phone to do some Update, I haven't got so much expeerience in that. Very Happy
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc. Empty Re: About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc.

Post  Chillax Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Ronnin wrote:Hey! I'm thinking about installing GioPro and I have some questions.

Hello.
1.I think yes.
2. I would go for GioPro v1.4, because its good for gaming, if your a gaming fan. And soloDRS said that he rly likes GioPro v1.3.
3.,4.If you want to install, GioPro v1.3 then you must have GioPro v1.2 installed already, but for each time you want to go to a new ROM then always do a wipe data/factory reset, and when finished then do it again, for less lags, and bugs.
5.For GioPro v1.4 you need that, but for GioPro v1.3 you don't need that, but for GioPro v1.4 you need partition on your SD card. Search for it on XDA.
6.Yes like I said, GioPro v1.4 is good for gaming. Because I had it and It had 72.6FPs on my device via NeoCore.
7. It deppends. If your phone lags, then yes, if it doesn't, then no, or if you wan't good for gaming I would go totally for GioPro v1.4, and GioPro v1.3 is good to, but if I we're you I would flash to GioPro v1.4

Glad I help..
Chillax
Chillax

http://samsunggalaxygio.forumoid.com/

Back to top Go down

About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc. Empty Re: About GioPro. Installing, questions, answers, etc.

Post  Vito Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:11 pm

AndroidNoOB wrote:

Hello.
1.I think yes.
2. I would go for GioPro v1.4, because its good for gaming, if your a gaming fan. And soloDRS said that he rly likes GioPro v1.3.
3.,4.If you want to install, GioPro v1.3 then you must have GioPro v1.2 installed already, but for each time you want to go to a new ROM then always do a wipe data/factory reset, and when finished then do it again, for less lags, and bugs.
5.For GioPro v1.4 you need that, but for GioPro v1.3 you don't need that, but for GioPro v1.4 you need partition on your SD card. Search for it on XDA.
6.Yes like I said, GioPro v1.4 is good for gaming. Because I had it and It had 72.6FPs on my device via NeoCore.
7. It deppends. If your phone lags, then yes, if it doesn't, then no, or if you wan't good for gaming I would go totally for GioPro v1.4, and GioPro v1.3 is good to, but if I we're you I would flash to GioPro v1.4

Glad I help..
Verry good, Perfect Very Happy
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillax Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Vito wrote:
AndroidNoOB wrote:

Hello.
1.I think yes.

Glad I help..
Verry good, Perfect Very Happy
YaaYs:D
Chillax
Chillax

http://samsunggalaxygio.forumoid.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks AndroidNoOB for answer.
About fourth question... I read that there is GioPro v1.3 update and for that rom I need to have v1.2.
But, there is GioPro v1.3 Full mod and it doesn't says that I need giopro v1.2
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you scroll down you'll see that there are v1.3(Come from v1.2 Update using Recovery), and v1.3 Full firmware (Update using ODIN).
Full firmware is 130MB.
Update is 10MB, so it needs giopro v1.2.
But for full firmware there is no note for needing a giopro 1.2
edit: I forgot to say, I think I'll try v1.3 because it's easier to install and I don't need a2sd darktreamer.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Not only easier to install,but in my opinion is way beter then GioPro 1.4.

Why?
1) I did not get Flash Player working on GioPro 1.4 and most of the XDA users said that Flash doesn't work in stock Browser.
2)I always had occured about 194-196 mb RAM.
3)Laggy as hell -.- .
4)I bet you want a ROM for stability and gameplay ..perfect choose : GioPRO 1.3.

Good luck !Very Happy

L.E : I didn't say that GioPRO 1.4 sucks at all,it only sucks on my phone.
If the others members got it working and also say that it's a good ROM for gaming i can't be againist them ^^.

Also,on GioPRo 1.3 i got 68.3 FPS on NeoCore,so yes,GioPRO 1.4 should be a batter ROM for gamers.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks soloDRS!
Can you answer on these questions separately? I would appreciate that. I see you are experienced user of GioPro custom rom.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Ok then ..

1)I think yes too Very Happy,at least rooting doesn't affect your phone,what's so big deal? /Smile
2)GioPRo 1.3 in my case,but i think you read my last post ^^.
3)Not just,only if you want too.You'll find GioPRO 1.3 as a updater or as a full firmware,your choose Very Happy.
4)Really ?..i never made a factory reset and i hadn't problems.A factory reset is almost a format disk for pc Very Happy.
5)If you want you internal memmory free..yes Very Happy.You'll can install more games then before Very Happy.
6)Well,it should be,but be sure you won't play GTA 3 on stock ROM as on a custom ROM. BIG difference of FPS and the reaction of the phone,so yes ,better gameplay then on a stock ROM.
7)If you want it for free RAM,good gameplay of games,stability (in some cases of the roms),battery save(only Particle ROM -.- ),A2SD/Link2SD/S2SD/Crazy2SD(free up Internal Memory),less laggy on menus and other stuff and also BETTER INTERNET NAVGATION ..Yes Very Happy !

As i said,i recommend you GioPRo 1.3.
But ,if you wanna try 1.4 there's no problem.
Maybe you'll enjoy it.

L.N : A good ROM is SimpliGio too,but you won't have flash support on it..or i think so.

Anyway,good luck and Have Fun ! Very Happy
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks again soloDRS!
I found this for factory reset on xda forum:
"NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches."
And, about this a2sd darktremor... I just want to install a couple of usual programs, and 3 or 4 games, nothing more. Do I really need that, because I don't want to install to much of games and programs and that kind of staff?
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh,then it'll be ok if you won't install A2SD or any of this kind.
Anyway,internal memory is way faster then the extern one so it means better keep your apps on internal mem,but by knowing we have only 180 mb avaiable..some of us move them to SD card -.- .
To sum up..thre's no problem Very Happy.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Well, I'm now using stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 rom and I don't have any problems with internal memory... I have 6 games installed, NDrive (navigation program), live wallpapers, widgets and about 10 more apps, and still I have 58MB of internal memory free.
I hope GioPro will work fine.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 pm

I have 100 mb free and i bet i have more apps then you ^^.
NDrive occure aa little to much..after i moved to sd card it took only 340 Kb.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 am

Nice! Smile
Well, if I want to set up a2sd, as I read, I need to create ext2 partition, and then a2sd darktremor.
But, there are some problems.
I don't have card reader for making ext2 partition.
I'm looking at this thread ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
There's a lot of guides for beginners.
So, I don't know how to make ext2 partition and what should I download for a2sd darktremor.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 am

I didn't make any ext2/3/4 partition on my SD card and Link2SD (which i think is already included in GioPRO 1.3) worked and still work perfectly Very Happy.

"In case ofSimpliGio or GioPRO v1.2 everything is installed and rooted , just enable a2sd darktremor using a2sd gui) "

By knowing you can update 1.2 to 1.3 i don't think there should be a problem with programs like A2SD/Link2SD/S2SD.
Well,i hadn't any problem Very Happy.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says that you need:
- root permission.
- a second partition on your SD card.
The second partition is used for application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32.

But, maybe GioPro makes that partition by itself, I'm not sure...
Ok, I think I'll first need to install GioPro and see what is going on there... Wink
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 am

I have Link2SD without a partitioned card so it's going to be ok. Very Happy
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 am

Ok thanks!
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:28 am

I just rooted my phone, and now less RAM memory is in use... When I clear memory it took only 98MB of 279MB.
Is that normal, probably good?... Smile
It used to use 130MB when memory is cleared. (before rooting)
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:22 am

When i click clear memory,it'll be occured around 102/279 but usually it takes around 130/279.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 am

Nice.
What about battery life on GioPro v1.3?
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 am

One-two days with : 3 hours of music,2 hours games and 1 hour internet .
3 Days wihout any of these Very Happy.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:10 am

I'm getting 7 days with stock rom and without using the phone, just for alarm, clock and 2 messages a day. Very Happy
But that's ok too. Smile
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 am

I'm not very sure about these 3 free days of life..my phone never was so lucky Very Happy.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 pm

I did everything step by step following the tutorial, and now I get just a boot screen, and system won't start... What is the problem? What should I do now? :S
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next