Samsung Galaxy Gio games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status bar gone (HELP)

3 posters

Go down

Status bar gone (HELP) Empty Status bar gone (HELP)

Post  kevumhimself Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 am

Hi y'all

Two days ago I made the stupid mistake to try out a status bar replacement app called Super Status Bar(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.firezenk.ssb&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5maXJlemVuay5zc2IiXQ..). As this wasn't what I hoped it would be, I uninstalled it. Thats when my status bar dissapeared. I have googled this problem and it seems that in all cases there is a black space in the top screen where the status bar was. In my case the home launcer just filled up the entire screen, not leaving this space, just as in a full screen app. I tried installing other status bar replacements and eventually reinstalling super status bar and then uninstalling it again but no luck. I've tried ''powering it off, leave it for ten minutes'' etc. and as a final shot I did a full reset. Strange thing is that even the full reset didn't bring the bar back. Has anyone have any idea to bring the bar back? I now have a notification app that works quite similair but any other status bar apps just overlap my launcher so not really helpfull.

For info: Im using stock launcer,rooted,stock rom

Im on the verge of flashing gio pro rom but Im new to flashing so I'd rather not...

kevumhimself

Back to top Go down

Status bar gone (HELP) Empty Original Status Bar

Post  Vito Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:18 pm

kevumhimself wrote:Hi y'all

Two days ago I made the stupid mistake to try out a status bar replacement app called Super Status Bar(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.firezenk.ssb&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5maXJlemVuay5zc2IiXQ..). As this wasn't what I hoped it would be, I uninstalled it. Thats when my status bar dissapeared. I have googled this problem and it seems that in all cases there is a black space in the top screen where the status bar was. In my case the home launcer just filled up the entire screen, not leaving this space, just as in a full screen app. I tried installing other status bar replacements and eventually reinstalling super status bar and then uninstalling it again but no luck. I've tried ''powering it off, leave it for ten minutes'' etc. and as a final shot I did a full reset. Strange thing is that even the full reset didn't bring the bar back. Has anyone have any idea to bring the bar back? I now have a notification app that works quite similair but any other status bar apps just overlap my launcher so not really helpfull.

For info: Im using stock launcer,rooted,stock rom

Im on the verge of flashing gio pro rom but Im new to flashing so I'd rather not...

i think when you installed a Super Status Bar, automaticaly was deleted an originall Status Bar or something in your phone try to reboot or find your original status bar....
Vito
Vito

Back to top Go down

Status bar gone (HELP) Empty Re: Status bar gone (HELP)

Post  soloDRS Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm not sure if it should work,on GioPRO when you touch the screeb and pull the finger up the status bar dissappear,if you pull down it will reapear ..so..install ADW Launcher,pull down and see if it works.

Good Luck !
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  kevumhimself Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 am

thnx for the support, adw did not work, just flashed gio pro 1.0, all working fine now accept I cant use internet without wifi, guessing it might be baseband problem, now found a galaxy gio standard 2.3 rom, just about to flash it now as soon as download completes..

kevumhimself

Back to top Go down

Post  kevumhimself Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 am

fixed it, located network settings for my provider.. works now..

dont think I have the proper rights to delete/close this topic... admin, feel free to delete please.

Grtz Kevum

kevumhimself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down