Samsung Galaxy Gio games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internal memory

+3
IceCreamRockZ
soloDRS
wraith99
7 posters

Go down

Internal memory Empty Internal memory

Post  wraith99 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 am

Hi everyone. Recently,in my highschool was install 4 3G wi-fi routers(i have ~300kbps speed, so iot's pretty damn good), so I installed many app's from market. Now i barely have 25mb internal memory and the phone lags pretty much. I knew that there was a way to get more internal memory with a SD partition(had this option on a custom ROM and 500mb we're enough for me), but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone give me a link to a guide or tell me how to do it? Thx.

P.S.: I'm usingCM7.2 DroidGio.
P.S.S.: I found a guide on xda developers, but it seems it's only for stock firmware... :sadface:

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Internal memory Empty Re: Internal memory

Post  soloDRS Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Link2SD ?
Search it on Play Store.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I tried it, but it says that partition ext2 couldn't be mounted. Any idea how to solve this?:\

P.S.: It wont let me install Titanium Backup, it says that there isnt enough free memory(deleted alot of apps and now i have 50mb free space).

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:46 am

Umm,that's unusual.

You don't need ext2 partition for Link2SD ..i used it on stock ROMs with RFS filesystem after rooted them.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCreamRockZ Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Haha it`s totally not true i think u can`t increase internal memory
Why?
Because When Samsung chipped on 200mb(idk free memory Very Happy) u can`t code it (if u are not crazy super developer) at 500mb Very Happy sooo decide u Very Happy i`m used 2asd and nothing changes... Very Happy
IceCreamRockZ
IceCreamRockZ

http://android.loveslife.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:07 pm

If I'm right the ROM name was: Xperia-ICS v2i and it was installed on SD card or something like that.

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm

IceCreamRockZ wrote:Haha it`s totally not true i think u can`t increase internal memory
Why?
Because When Samsung chipped on 200mb(idk free memory Very Happy) u can`t code it (if u are not crazy super developer) at 500mb Very Happy sooo decide u Very Happy i`m used 2asd and nothing changes... Very Happy

Lawl! Very Happy
You can increase your internal memory by moving apps to SD. For that, you need an additional partition on your SD card, and for example, link2sd to link (move) those apps.
So those apps from internal memory (158 MB, not 200 Very Happy) are now on SD card (up to 1GB, recommended).
So, yes, it is possible to increase internal memory! Razz

wraith99 wrote:Hi everyone. Recently,in my highschool was install 4 3G wi-fi routers(i have ~300kbps speed, so iot's pretty damn good), so I installed many app's from market. Now i barely have 25mb internal memory and the phone lags pretty much. I knew that there was a way to get more internal memory with a SD partition(had this option on a custom ROM and 500mb we're enough for me), but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone give me a link to a guide or tell me how to do it? Thx.

P.S.: I'm usingCM7.2 DroidGio.
P.S.S.: I found a guide on xda developers, but it seems it's only for stock firmware... :sadface:

Well, you should try to format your a2sd partition through CWM. It might help.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  asroroid Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:20 pm

wraith99 wrote:If I'm right the ROM name was: Xperia-ICS v2i and it was installed on SD card or something like that.

you have a partition right? then flash amarulz script or intext and it mounts your sd-ext as data so your "internal" memory is size of partition

asroroid

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 am

I have a 4gb partition, I mounted the sd-ext in CWM, but it didnt work. Ill try that script, can someone tell me where i can find that script? Very Happy

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  asroroid Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:57 pm

wraith99 wrote:I have a 4gb partition, I mounted the sd-ext in CWM, but it didnt work. Ill try that script, can someone tell me where i can find that script? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there you go Smile

i recommend intext4+ but its your choice Wink

asroroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslan313 Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:57 am

Which RoM r u using? If u r using stock rom so create your ext partition as ext2 partition but not logical create as a primary partition with mini tool partition wizard then create mount script with link2sd..... Stock ROM not supported ext4 partition... thanx...
This link is for minitool partition wizard, this is torrent file its full ver....

Aslan313
Aslan313

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:31 am

Aslan313 wrote:Which RoM r u using? If u r using stock rom so create your ext partition as ext2 partition but not logical create as a primary partition with mini tool partition wizard then create mount script with link2sd..... Stock ROM not supported ext4 partition... thanx...
This link is for minitool partition wizard, this is torrent file its full ver....

But use card reader for creating, not your phone, or you'll destroy your SD card.
You can create it with CWM.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslan313 Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Ronnin wrote:
Aslan313 wrote:Which RoM r u using? If u r using stock rom so create your ext partition as ext2 partition but not logical create as a primary partition with mini tool partition wizard then create mount script with link2sd..... Stock ROM not supported ext4 partition... thanx...

But use card reader for creating, not your phone, or you'll destroy your SD card.
CWM creates ext4 partition & its not work on stock rom & I've 16gb sd card and i create my sd card partition from pc connected phone not with card reader and its work fine, but card reader is safe side...... Smile
Aslan313
Aslan313

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnin Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Aslan313 wrote:
Ronnin wrote:

CWM creates ext4 partition & its not work on stock rom & I've 16gb sd card and i create my sd card partition from pc connected phone not with card reader and its work fine, but card reader is safe side...... Smile
Ok, good to know that.
Ronnin
Ronnin

Back to top Go down

Post  asroroid Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:22 pm

[quote="Aslan313"]Stock ROM not supported ext4 partition... thanx...
quote]

actually it does work on stock rom, you have to be more specific, you mean it doesnt work on rfs based stock rom, most stoc roms now are efs so it works xD

asroroid

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

@aslan: Right now, I'm using DroidGio v2i.

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm

First,yes you can increase your internal space,but after a restart,there will be problems so it's a headache.

Second,downlaod that Link2SD thingie which i'm using right now,make sure you're rooted(DroidGio is pre-rooted) and just opne it up click on an app and select move/copy tp = SD Card.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm

@solo: I installed it and moved the apps, but they still take ~2mb on internal memory and since I have 20apps+ it uses some space(especially fb app, moved on SD it uses 11mb....).

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  soloDRS Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Hmm,you can't move quite everything.
Is like letting the weed in the fridge,so the apps,you can move the data but not the app herself.
soloDRS
soloDRS

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 am

asroroid wrote:
wraith99 wrote:I have a 4gb partition, I mounted the sd-ext in CWM, but it didnt work. Ill try that script, can someone tell me where i can find that script? Very Happy

there you go Smile

I tried to install d2ext+ and a2sd+++,but none worked. It says that i have to remove the old script(Deleted everything in init.d, but still wont work). =(

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  asroroid Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

wraith99 wrote:
asroroid wrote:

there you go Smile

I tried to install d2ext+ and a2sd+++,but none worked. It says that i have to remove the old script(Deleted everything in init.d, but still wont work). =(

hmm use intext, and wipe everything before, dont forget mount system in recovery. intext is best :p

asroroid

Back to top Go down

Post  wraith99 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 am

Crap, i really have 2 wipe everything, I cant install tit back-up to backup my apps Sad

L.E.: Managed to back-up everything using MobileGo. I installed INT2EXT4+, it works great till now, didnt get the chance to text it very much, but now i have 500mb "internal" memory which is great. Very Happy

wraith99

Back to top Go down

Post  viceandvirtue Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 am

I use stock rom from Samsung and partition from cwm till 2000mb and flash md5 file using odin and my internal change from 180mb to 1.79gb

viceandvirtue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down